How we do what we do:
Spark interest in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Design and Math) skills by making programming fun for kids using visual programming tools, robotics etc so they can learn @play. Creation of Incubation and creativity hubs for youth and young adults.
How we are achieving our goals: relying on the collective and cooperative will of schools, organisations, government and other stakeholders within and outside of the 3rd sector.
“What struck me so forcefully was how small the planet had become during my decades in prison…. [ICT] had shrunk the world, and had in the process become a great weapon for eradicating ignorance ….” (Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom, 1994)
· Introduce kids to foundation skills and life-long transferable skills using Technology
· Provide technical and vocational training to teachers in the area of ICT
· Foster a culture of creativity and innovation amongst University students through our Hackatons and CT Programs
Our Programs & Tools :
· FIRST® LEGO® League, Robotics, Scratch, Python, Alice, and other VPLs
· Creative Thinking (CT) for Educators, VPL trainings, Tech in Science, COP for Educators
· Hackatons, Hacktivate
· We are constantly seeking other useful tools and programs
Reach 20,000 kids by 2020
Educate 2000 Teachers by 2020
Incubate 200 projects by 2020